Back

Křtiny - chateau

Menu
Address Křtiny 1, 697 05 Křtiny
GPS 49°17'49"N 16°44'30"E (xx km)
424 m above sea level
swipe

The building was established by with the reconstruction of the baroque residence, which the zábrdovičtí monks built by the present day church in 1658.The entire complex is connected with the Czech architect of Italian origin Jan Blažej Santini - Aichl. The monastery experienced its greatest fame in the second half of the 18th century. Since 1920, it has been the headquarters of the University Forest Establishment. It underwent extensive recosntruction from 1994 and total reconstruction of the interior in 2008.